Friday, May 6, 2011

Girls..and baby's day out.!

This morning I woke up to a txt from Alliea asking if I wanted to go to run some errands with her before she leaves for a vacation to Florida. I haven't seen her in WEEKS and of course I wanted to. We went to lunch at El Meson. I had one of my favorite dishes in any Mexican place. It's basically grilled chicken, spanish rice, and queso. After that we went to Old Navy to find her some shorts for her family beach portrait. They had the cutest little boy clothes.!! After that, we went to the little debbie store and Walmart. I LOVE WALMART. And I've decided I want a picnic basket. I dunno if we'll ever use it, but I want it. 12 dollars...you can't beat it. I got a small picture frame for 5 dollars at walmart today, and Cayle's first Christmas present/ birthday present..I haven't decided yet. It's his first piggy bank. I kind of want to give it to him now. I have a lot of change sitting around and I think it would be good for him to have all the change. He has a couple of savings bonds. It would be a good idea to have it. Dad made me think about starting Cayle a college fund. And honestly, I think he's right. College is expensive. It'll be easier to do when I don't have so many projects going on at once, but he has a good start. Two 50 dollars savings bonds and change adds up after some time. I've decided to print off a list of all my projects and keep it with me so I can cross things off as I finish. We may have a clue to what's wrong with my car. It's leaking oil again. That may be it. But as far as getting it emissions ready..it'll take some time..we have a few bills this month. :/ But I'm getting off topic, After walmart we went to Gigi's Cupcakes and got two delicious cupcakes with mountains of buttercream frosting and chocolate chips. Mmmmmmm.! It was so good to have a day with her. I don't get to see her often, but she really is a wonderful friend.! I've been thinking about Cayle's 2nd birthday party..like themes and stuff..and to be honest..I'm a little stumpped. I want it to be unique, but simple, and have an awesome cake. I'm not much one for character themed parties..i.e. bob the builder etc.. I was thinking little monsters or a simple blue and green party, but I feel like monsters were too close to last year's party theme and blue and green is too simple for me..I'll keep thinking on it. Maybe I can check out a few websites too. Anywho, I'm gonna make a few lists of projects going on, christmas shopping list, and what I'll need for each project etc..and post it here...this is gonna be a long list.
Also, I have decided to learn how to cook before I move out. I have two major websites I go to to find recipes to try. Allrecipes.com and Familyfun.go.com both are great, however, I favor familyfun because there are crafts and other things too. Our craft box is full of supplies.! Pom-poms, craft sticks, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and foam sheets.! I'm pretty excited about it to be honest. All in all, things are going well, just need to get everything organized.

3 comments:

  1. I think we are going to do a Barney party for Grace just because she loves him so much, and I figure she will grow out of him before next year, so I want to do it this year. Just look for a theme of something Cayle loves.. doesn't have to be a character, maybe a toy or animal or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina: Yes, she probably will. Samantha is like, "Forget Barney! I want Word World!" (Or Sid the Science Kid.)

    Erica: Sounds good. Everything but the car. Savings bonds are awesome. Now that Jessie has a better job with benefits we are able to start saving for retirement and Samantha's college through them. It makes me feel a whole lot better to think about the future. Go ahead and give it to him now. It's a simple gift, something he "needed." Not like you are giving him a bicycle. But who I am to say what to do...We gave Samantha her kitchen for her birthday early just because it came in and we got excited. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason I don't want to buy any of Grace's birthday/Christmas presents early is because I know I will end up giving them to her, and then have no idea what to get her lol.

    ReplyDelete