Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day.

Today was nice. This morning I went to Walmart and got Adam's grandmother a belated birthday card. She was in Florida last week on her actual birthday and I didn't get a chance to get her one. And I got a pair of Capri pants. After Walmart Cayle had a nap. Later in the day we went to Adam's house for his family's Memorial Day cookout. They made one of my favorites...zuccinni.! I love it. We all sat around and talked and it was just a relaxing atsomphere.
Daddy taught me a little more about cooking today. This time he taught me how to prepare dry rub rib racks. I must admit..my stomach is weak when it comes to raw meat. But I did help season them. He taught me how to cut them and where. I know when I move out I'll have to know how to do this for my family's dinners. And it's good I'm learning from Daddy. He could've gone to culinary school if he wanted to. Ask him pretty much anything about cooking and he knows the answer about 99% of the time.
After the cook out today I came home and my brother Zac and his wife Amy were leaving. They had to get home. We said our goodbyes. They'll see the rest of my family in a few weeks. They're joining them on their vacation. Adam and I are talking about extending our vacation. Just one extra night in a hotel. I know I've been talking about this trip a lot but I'm really excited. I even went and looked at the travel stuff in Walmart today..they had so much I needed and most if not all of it was .99 cents. There were mini tubes of tooth paste, mouth wash, soap case, tooth brush case, and even a mini first aid kit for .97 cents. I wanna get clinical strength deodorant..think about it. 100 degrees or so outside..for hours. Yeah. Enough said. But here within the next couple weeks I wanna go back and get some of that stuff. I found a pair of pajamas I liked too. On sale. A top and pants for 7.00. Bargain.!!!!

I'm really planning out my scrapbook for Cayle. I think I wanna combine years birth to age one with age one to two. so basically 0-2. I have so many good pictures of him and it just makes more sense in MY mind lol. Then I would do age 2-3 and so on..until I just can't do it anymore. I have pamphlets and tickets and alot of stuff saved from the stuff we've done. And I have A LOT of scrapbook stickers so hey it works out. :D I have colored cardstock pages too. So I can keep adding this year's stuff with last year and make it really great. I'll show you soon.

1 comment:

  1. When we were prepping for Grace's arrival we went to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of that travel stuff for the hospital trip. It was a blessing. We are going to do the same for this baby. I am going to pack as much stuff as I can at least a month in advance this time because Grace is going to need a lot of stuff to make it easier for her to be away from mommy. We plan on buying a box of diapers and a big pack of wipes, so that no one will run out. Plus everything else an almost two year old needs lol.

    ReplyDelete