Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Update on everything.

Well..I got my car back today, and it runs like a BEAST. The mechanic said it was plug wires that were making the car shake..are you kidding.? All that for some freaking wires.? On the plus side..after driving it today..it wasn't shaking. Which is good. I don't have any lights on in my car. And the only things I need now are gas and a wash. After I drive it around for a few days I need to take it through emissions. That test is so pointless. But it's the only way I can get new tags.
So Adam and I are planning our first road trip together. Since my parents will have Cayle with them on their vacation so I can go to school, Adam and I decided to have a little vacation of our own. We are planning a trip to Six Flags over Georgia. We would go down the night before and stay in a hotel and wake up early the next morning and hit the park. I would pull 12 hour days at school so it would work out. We have to save 25 dollars a week in order to have enough money to go. And getting paid 75 dollars a week for cleaning..I SHOULD be able to pull it off. I really hope we can make this trip a reality. It will be nice to have a little getaway. And to have some quality time with Adam. We've stayed the night together before, but its been almost a year. WOW. I think we can do it though. I would like to have a yard sale sometime soon and get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need or wear or use. That could help too.
Daddy is teaching me to cook. The other night I helped make dinner. I made grilled zucchini, mashed potatoes and chicken, oh,and yeast rolls. And it all turned out pretty good. The mashed potatoes could have used a little more salt but other than that it was all pretty good. I need to learn to cook more foods because Cayle is becoming tired of what I have been feeding him and he doesn't wanna eat. And he likes to feed himself so feeding him is a bit of a fight. Maybe I can try eggs tomorrow or something. I try to let him do it himself so he can learn, but he has some difficulty with his little kiddy fork and spoon. Practice makes perfect I suppose. It'll get better. Does anyone have recipes to share.?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your car is finally fixed!! With Grace I just let her go when she's eating. I don't worry about how messy she gets, and if it's something that will make a huge mess I strap her in her high chair so she can't get it anywhere else. Grace refuses to be fed now, so I have to let her feed herself. That'll be fun if you guys get to go to Six Flags! Chris' mom wants to watch Grace one night before Brentley is born so that she will be somewhat used to the idea of spending the night. It would be nice if Chris and I got a night off before Brentley gets here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are good. Ya. I just take off Samantha's clothes and let her go at it. And if we are going out to eat, I will make sure not to give her anything messy. She is getting really good at feeding herself now though. Very few messes.
    Ah...How I envy you. We tried the whole night off thing...did work. It would be nice though. :(

    ReplyDelete