Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A happy/sad day.

My junior instructor and I have been getting pretty close at school. She's taught me a lot and we have a lot in common..and tonight was her last night there. She's off to get her teaching license now. I am so proud and happy for her for finishing. I hope she comes back to school for a full time teaching position. She actually made school bearable. HAHA. I got paid for cleaning house tonight. Which means I have my 25 dollars for the week for our six flags trip. That kinda puts the pressure on not to spend it. And to make sure when it starts to add up not to dip into it for something NOT six flags related. I think I should just take it off my card and keep it here somewhere so I wont spend it by mistake. I made a list of all the things Adam and I would need for our first home..and that list is about four pages long..I have it organized by rooms..and it seems like the kitchen will be the most expensive to furnish..next to the living room. I can't think of much that cayle needs for his room..Any suggestions.? He has his clothes and I'll probably get him a toddler bed before too much longer. And his toys..we have a toy box..the only thing I can think of is a small tv to go in his room so he can watch movies before bed. I don't know about that one either..I wanna try to get most of our stuff from Walmart. It's cheap. I've been pricing things..and so far..dollar tree and walmart are the two cheapest places. I know we'll get a lot of this stuff when we register for wedding gifts..but I know we won't get everything. And I just wanna be prepared. Oh..and an update..I let cayle feed himself this morning..and he did so well.!! I made eggs..gave him some toast and let him go at it..and the best part...NO MESS.!!!! I was so surprised. I'm so proud of him. Maybe tomorrow we'll try oatmeal. He has been throwing a lot of temper tantrums lately..any ideas on how to break him from it.?

2 comments:

  1. The only other thing I can think of for his room is a dresser and maybe a bookshelf if he has a lot of books.
    Good Luck with the tantrums. Samantha still does it occasionally. However, she knows I do NOT tolerate them in public. That is one thing I don't do. But at home, I usually don't sweat it. I just tell her, "Go to your room if you are going to act like that. I really don't care to hear it." And she will go to her room and scream and scream and finally come out and apologize. Eventually, once she realized I didn't care, she stopped doing it as much. As far as public goes, as much as I hate to say it, I lit her butt up. I refuse to be embarrassed in public. She didn't do that anymore after a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some things to decorate his walls.. Chris and I areanti-tv in bedroom lol. I've heard that children who have tv's in their rooms don't sleep as well.. Grace has enough sleeping problems lol. And then we also don't like the idea of them spending all their time in their rooms. We want them to come out to the living room to watch tv for two reasons.. 1. It forces family time lol. If they don't have TV's in their rooms have to come out of them and be around us lol. And 2. So we know what they are watching. I don't want them sneaking things we don't approve of. I know those two things don't apply until they are older, but I don't want to start something and then take it awway, so we are just not doing tv's in bedrooms.

    As far as the tantrums, I guess it depends on why he is throwing tantrums.. With Grace it is usually because she's not getting her way. The best way I have found to deal with it is through positive reinforcement. I give her the option to stop whatever she is doing before I intervene.. Like when she was climbing on the tv stand constantly, I started saying "Gracy, be a good girl and get down for mommy." It amazed me that she would get right down, and when she did I would always reinforce it by saying "That is such a good girl Grace! Thank you for getting down." Since I started doing that she doesn't even climb up there anymore. Whereas before I would go over there, get her down, and tell her she was a "bad girl." And she would get mad at me for getting her down, then be right back up there in 5 minutes.
    She responds really well to the positive reinforcement method. I guess it gives her a sense of control over the situation, and she gets praised for being good (which she eats up lol). So maybe you could try something like that.. trying to let him diffuse the situation himself before it gets to the point where he throws a fit.

    ReplyDelete