Sunday, May 29, 2011

I am so thankful.




Daddy really does spoil me rotten. It's not often we get to spend time together but when we get to I love it. Earlier this week, Daddy was sitting on the couch with me and he said "You know what.? Mom and Garrett (my brother) got new shoes and we haven't. Why don't we go get us some new shoes this weekend.?" I got a pair of sandals for school. Very trendy right now. They're gladiator sandals. And I got a pair of black and pink new balance shoes for walking. They are soooo comfy. And really cute which is weird because normally I hate tennis shoes. Daddy even gave me 60 dollars for some new tops. I don't know where I should go, but they need to be...hairstylist-y. LOL. I like my word. Cayle got his very first hair cut today. I saved some of his hair in a ziploc bag and put it in his baby book. So that's another thing crossed off my list. There was maybe about half an inch to an inch in some places. It's curlier than ever. Its still long, but it looks kept. Which is great. I teared up a little, but he did really well. No crying. Just curiosity.I posted before and after. The side of his head is the after picture. So not too much hair was gone. After his hair cut, we went to visit Adam and his family. I brought his grandparents some bbq and chicken and stuff from our cookout. They enjoyed it. Tomorrow they have their cook out and I get to visit with everyone. My cook out went kinda okay kinda not. Daddy had some people from work over..and they simply have no respect or common sense. This one guy ticked me off. I had Cayle down at our pool splashing on the steps and Daddy and this guy (I don't remember his name..I think it's Doug.) were sitting at the table by the pool talking..and Doug was cussing kinda loud around Cayle. "This guy down at the hall won't do his d-mn job. His work is sh-tty" Etc. Etc. Cayle is three feet away. Not only that he's smoking a cigar around Cayle. It smells awful for one and two baby's lungs DO NOT need exposure like that. Don't get me wrong, people can smoke if they want to, I have no right to say you can or can't, but please have the common courtesy to not do it around my child..and when he starts coughing be kind enough to move. But Doug did not catch on and continued to curse in conversation and puff away on that thing. So I got Cayle and took him inside. And what do you know.? Doug comes in minutes later to use the restroom..and leaves the seat up. I'm sorry, pet peeve, but not only is that nasty..but it's bad manners. I told my mom I was offended. She said I should just let it go. She brushed it off like it was nothing. I told Dad about it today while we were out, and he was kind enough to listen and understand where I was coming from. Today while I was out I also managed to find 2 bottles of shatter nail polish. I got baby blue and white. It's pretty cool. They now have red shatter so I'll be hunting for that before too long. Adam is moving out on Wednesday. Into a place with some friends from work. Its a town home and rent split..he will pay 230 a month. That's not too bad, but bills add up. He said I can stay with him when my parents leave for vacation. I hate being alone in this house. I get scared easily. I'll still wake up alone, but I'll just go on to school and to run my errands. We are going to six flags July 6th. That's a Wednesday. We'll leave Tuesday night and grab a hotel room, and hit the park the next day. I conjured up a list of things that would be useful to have on this trip. Granted, we'll be gone only one night, but I like to prepare and be prepared. The list looks a bit like this

-bottled waters
-band aids & first aid items (you never know)
-beach towels
-sun screen spf 100 :)
-toiletries
-mini cooler
-non perishable snacks (debbie cakes, crackers, etc..)
-extra clothes
-gps system & charger (daddy has one I can borrow)
-extra money and I.D.'s.
-cell phone chargers
-camera & charger
-hand sanitizer
-some source of entertainment for hotel.

Am I forgetting anything.? It would be better if I wrote it down. I probably will once I get a chance. I would like a new pair of pajamas or two for staying at Adam's and the trip. I don't have any cute ones lol. I'll go to walmart. They're cheap and cute. It really helped me out that Daddy took me shoe shopping today. I won't have to struggle to get a pair. I'm very thankful to have a Daddy who does these things for me. I enjoy taking a step back and seeing how blessed I am. Remember my list of goals.? Here is the revised verison. Goals with dashes (-) beside them have been completed. Goals with stars (*) are in the process.

-cayle's 1st hair cut.
*graduation from beauty school.
*re-do the scrapbooks.
*get pictures for the scrapbooks.
our family portrait.
*plan the wedding.
*lose weight for both my and kay's wedding.
a trip to coolidge park for the three of us.
-a mother and son's day out downtown.
eventually get a new car.
*buy for our first house.
*buy for the wedding.
*help adam start his new store/cyber cafe.
*learn to cook
*start christmas shopping and have it done by black friday.

the new list with goals in process looks like this.

*graduation from beauty school.
*re-do the scrapbooks.
*get pictures for the scrapbooks.
*plan the wedding.
*lose weight for both my and kay's wedding.
*buy for our first house.
*buy for the wedding.
*help adam start his new store/cyber cafe.
*learn to cook
*start christmas shopping and have it done by black friday.

As you can see, I'm still pretty busy, but it's a good busy and it keeps me going. I need to add 'save for six flags trip' on there. I have about 60 some odd dollars saved up. I'm almost there. I need 150. I'm almost half way. I'm pretty excited. Things are good.

2 comments:

  1. Haha girl, I don't think you are going to need anything for entertainment at the hotel.. you are going to be kid free with your fiance, I think you guys will be just fine in the "entertainment" department. LOL jkjkjkjkjk.

    Have you told your daddy the things you said in this post? I bet he would really like to hear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad sounds like a sweet guy! I think the closest thing I come to spoiling is Jessie, but I have to mention something first. He doesn't just take me out shopping. lol.

    Ya. Your Dad works with some rough guys. That is how it was when Jessie was at Nabco. They were like a bunch of cavemen. Luckily, Jessie never conformed to them. He got made fun of a LOT! I felt bad for him. I get what you mean about the seat thing. My biggest pet peeve about guests is going to sound really stupid, but I think it is rude to try to get your own stuff like drinks or clean up after dinner. I feel like that is MY job when someone is over, and if they try to do either one of those, they are saying I can't take care of my own house. I don't know, it's dumb, but I get really touchy about it.

    Wow. You have so many goals! That is awesome! Here are mine:

    Short Term:
    Do my monthly scrub down on the house...
    Finish planning Samantha's birthday week...
    Redecorate the house...

    Long Term:
    Finish planning our wedding
    Buy a house...(I stole that one from you).

    ReplyDelete