Saturday, October 29, 2011

I can't believe..


My baby boy will be two in a few days. It just hasn't hit me yet. Here lately, we've been closer than ever. The other day, all he wanted to do was sit with me. And it melted my heart. I am super excited to take him trick or treating. I love being a single mom.! I love being able to do things my way when it comes to Cayle. I love being able to take him somewhere and it just be us spending time together. I love having the money to take him places and do things with him. I love the feeling of us being our own family. No one else telling me what to do or how to raise him. You know.? I can't stop thinking about Christmas time. I am so excited to wrap gifts and to find things I know Cayle will love, to bake, send cards, and go to a parade.! I am dying to take Cayle to a parade. I really think he will enjoy it. I've even started the hunt for the perfect ornament to get him. I would love for us to get ornaments made this year. We don't have any ornaments for just the 2 of us. And I want one. And a special one for him with his name on it. And his own Christmas ornament. To put on his tree when he gets his own home. Mom has finally told me what she would like to have for Christmas. She wants an empty photo album she has filled with pictures of Cayle. That is easy to do. :) Dad wants a food chopper. That shouldn't be too hard. There's a picture of Cayle he wants so I may throw that in with his gift since I would like to throw a surprise gift in with my mom's gift too. My brother wants the movie Insidious. So that's easy too. Black Friday is going to be a breeze this year. As long as I don't have an incident like last year. I got dad a waffle iron. Apparently, he had told 3 other people he wanted one. He ended up with 4 and I had to switch his gift last minute. I almost couldn't find anything to get him. So it should go fairly well. We will see. Next weekend is Cayle's party. I can't wait to start preparing for it. I have all the party supplies. I just want to throw it all together and see what Cayle thinks. My parents dont seem to understand why I don't want to wait until his part to let him open the gifts I got him. It's his birthday. It's his day. I am letting him open my presents on HIS day. I want his birthday to be as special as possible. I know he's only going to be 2 and won't remember it, but it's not about later..it's about now. Children may not remember every adventure you go on or every holiday or birthday, but they will remember how you make them feel. And I want my baby to know every single day that he is loved. And will always have my heart.

I've been thinking a lot about moving to Knoxville. And I am about 99% sure that's what I want for us. I've thought about it being more of a long-term goal to make it there. I saw some apartments in Ooltewah. And I really like the location. And if it's affordable and I can get a decent salon job there or in a surrounding area, I think I may stick around for a while. But to be 100% honest, Chattanooga just doesn't make me happy anymore. It's not the people it's not anything specific. I just feel like there's more out there for Cayle and myself and I'm not going to do either one of us a favor if I don't find out. I dunno. That's another topic for another day. :)

Bring on the holidays.!

1 comment:

  1. I get what you are saying. Sometimes I think it would be nice if it were just me and Samantha all the time. But I do Love Jessie, so having her all to myself in the day and at night on the weekends is good for me. I like me and her time. We do all sorts of things, especially cuddle. And you are right about that too. It doesn't matter if they remember. They just know how you made them feel growing up. And also, what does it matter if they remember, as long as they are having fun when you do it. It isn't all about showing off to them.

    Okay, so I am still not sure if I will make it that far, so if I can't come, I'm going to get Cayle's present soon and either mail it to him, if it is a gift card or something, or I will have Jessie bring me up to your school to give it to you. (If that is cool.)

    I agree with you about letting them open their gifts on their birthday. It would suck to not get to open anything on your birthday, especially if your party isn't until AFTER your birthday.

    Lastly, about Black Friday, will you do me a favor and keep an eye out for deals on the Leap Pad? Please. If I find a good deal I am FOR SURE going Black Friday. The more I save, the more I can get her.

    ReplyDelete