Friday, October 28, 2011

Jack-o-lantern for Nanny.

My grandmother hasn't been one to get excited about the holidays since my grandfather passed about 4 years ago. And it really breaks my heart. So I decided for Cayle and I to try to cheer her up my carving her a pumpkin. I had never carved a pumpkin before, but I gave it a full hearted effort. I think he turned out alright. Cayle really enjoyed helping me. He played with the pumpkin guts. And tried to help me hollow out the pumpkin. It was sooo slimy.!! Ew. But so worth it. My grandmother loved it. I think it cheered her up some.








2 comments:

  1. It looks better than ours did! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I am glad he enjoyed it. It looks good. Better than I can do.

    That was really sweet of you to make it to cheer her up. I didn't know that's why you were doing it.

    ReplyDelete