Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's A Small World.


Well..today was just a blah day. I had to wake up early to go to the lady doctor for a check up. I HATE the OBGYN. But..I'm getting ahead of myself..I woke up to a phone call from Adam while he was on break..He basically asked me how I felt about him going on yet ANOTHER work trip. You know..the ones where he's gone for a month.? He kept assuring me that the money would be good and we really need it. I hate being broke. So afterwards I got up and got Cayle and myself ready for my doctor visit. Cayle ran all around the waiting room..I nearly waited out there for an hour. He kept trying to go into the lab where they were testing urine and blood samples..And I kept blocking him off and he would get mad and pitch a fit. He threw all the toys in the floor. I waited almost 30 minutes before I was taken to an exam room. When I got in the exam room Cayle kept getting in the trash..opening the door..opening the drawers..and it was hard to get up and off the table when you're wearing a gown and a paper sheet...which he ripped holes in. The exam was awkawrd. I HATE going. If I didn't need my birth control pills I wouldn't go. It's irritating. I didn't get home until almost noon and my appointment was at 9:30 in the morning. So there went half of my day. I get home mom is in bed not feeling good. Cayle didn't even touch his lunch hardly. He took a long nap and I left for school. When I get to school I am asked to do a men's hair cut. No problem. I start talking to him and somehow we get on the subject of Daddy and I tell him about how he travels a lot. He asked me "Where does your Dad work.?" And I told him he runs the apprenticeship program downtown. And he says.. Your "Big Dog's (my dad's nickname) daughter.?" And I say "Yeah." And he said "I work for your Dad." It blew my mind. He pulled out his wallet and showed me his card that had the apprenticeship program logo on it. And sure enough, it was Daddy's office logo. It was crazy to me. It's a small world I suppose. When I got done cutting and started to style his hair a bit, my instructor, Susan, came over. She was really impressed.! She said "That looks awesome, Erica.!" I was so proud.! It was my first time cutting a men's fade cut. A fade cut is a men's hair cut where you start at the nape of the neck with a very short guard and gradually work your way to the top of the head and making the hair longer the further up the head you go. I posted an example. Make sense.? Kinda like an Army hair cut, but he wanted his longer than that on top. I must say..this client was very very handsome. He was younger..maybe late 20's Early 30's. Married. He was Johnny Depp meets Brad Pitt...just sayin'. He tipped me five dollars.! Thats a 90% tip..I think. Hair cuts are 6.00. And said he was coming back for his next cut too.! After he left and I swept up the hair in the floor. I called Daddy and told him what had just happened. And he said he would have to see Chad (my client) to remember who it was. He only knows his apprentices if they get in trouble. But he was nice enough. The rest of the night was so slow. I HATE sitting there every night. It's so long and drawn out. And what made it worse..I was having some pain from that stupid exam earlier today. Complete with a head ache. I'm just ready for the weekend. It's daddy's birthday. He's turning 50. And I want to give him his gifts. He said he has something for me too. He said he looked really hard to find it. But I dunno what it is. He comes home tomorrow so I'll find out soon enough. I hope he likes his stuff. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about your day. :( That really sucks. I hated taking Samantha anywhere like that when she was little. Because when I said, "Sit down." It didn't register with her like it does now. I guess it was like between the ages of when she started walking, so 18 months-ish to about 2 years old, maybe a little longer. It was awful. And she threw fits everywhere we went. I am really hoping to come soon so you can cut mine and Samantha'a hair. :) Maybe that night won't go by so slow. I hope your Dad likes his gifts. I am sure he will.

    ReplyDelete