Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Classy and Fabulous.



As I've mentioned a couple of times before, in the hair business, a lot of your job has to do with how you look and how you carry yourself. And..I feel as if I need some help in that area. I WANT to feel classy and fabulous. When people see hair dressers..what image comes to mind.? Lots of black clothes..rockin' jewelry..and fabulous hair..right.? I am so SICK of jeans and tees every day. I am so sick of not having the courage to wear a dress because of my body. I am tired of feeling guilty whenever I do wanna spend money on a nice top or something. I don't even know the first thing about make-up really..I just kinda wing it..and I didn't even know what to do with my hair half the time. I'm never happy with it. I don't even know where or how to get help with all this. Mom is out of the question. The girls at school...they don't really know what to say. The only legit advice I got was to just go for it. And..eh I dunno..there's just more to it than that. There was one girl who graduated recently..and her look is everything I want my new one to be..it was glamour..with a bit of an edge. But..I don't wanna feel like a copy cat. I just want to feel pretty. And I don't. Pregnancy did a real number on my body..half the time I'm way too tired to work out..or I don't have the time. I really don't know what to do..I even watched what not to wear..and that didn't help me. I wish I could base my look off of hers and throw in my own bits and pieces. But..I just don't see that as right. Help.?

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I always wanna wear outfits that a "stay at home mom" should wear, like I Love Lucy! But I can never bring myself to buy the outfits, and if I do find them at a yardsale or something, they don't fit right...
    Anyway, I would just take it one step at a time. You seem to be good at list. Just make a list of what you need. If it is working out you want to do, but actual working out doesn't work for you, the YMCA has tons of free classes. You don't even have to sign up for the class. You just go there. I do the Pilates and I LOVE it! It is only 30 minutes long. You can do it up to 3 days a week, but you don't have to. And, they have the daycare there. If you don't feel comfortable, you could maybe get familiar with the teachers there before you leave him. Samantha has had all the teachers there and she LOVES them. Since she can talk, she can tell me everything that happened, and she never has anything negative to say. She always has a smile on when I see her in there.
    As far as clothes go, maybe take it one piece at a time. If your Dad gave you all that money especially for tops, don't feel one bit guilty. It was money meant for you. I would just try to go to discount places like Ross to get more.
    I am no help on the make up. I don't wear any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say What Not to Wear.. that's where I steal my info from lol, but since that didn't help I'm not really sure. Just try to find things that fit and flatter your body.. try on things you never would have before. Even if you don't know what you are looking for eventually you will find something that wows you, and then stick with styles like that, but in different colors and patterns. That's about as much advice as I can give. I haven't gone clothes shopping since I was pregnant with Grace. Since then all I have bought was a coat and a pair of pants. If I had the money I would definitely invest in some new clothes though.. mine are getting worn out.

    Also, I think you would look really cute in a dress! I would probably have a crazy look on my face if I saw you because I have never seen you in a dress before, but I think it would be totally cute :)

    ReplyDelete