Friday, June 3, 2011

Today's play date and other stuff. :)

Today's play date went well. Cayle really didn't know what to think about all the stuff to do. He had a lot of fun sliding with me. And going through the tunnels with Adam. Grace has gotten so big.! It was so nice to see our friends. Too bad I was extremely exhausted. I stayed up working on Cayle's scrapbook...and I'm half way through it. Needless to say..I lost track of time and didn't get into bed until about 3:30 or so. And Cayle woke me up at 8:30 this morning. So not much sleep. And I hit the ground running.
Mom had to go to Vanderbilt Hospital this morning for some tests. The doctor thinks she may have MS. However, they don't have enough symptoms to diagnose it. Multiple sclerosis or MS is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord resulting in loss of muscle control, vision, balance, and sensation (such as numbness). With MS, the nerves of the brain and spinal cord are damaged by one's own immune system. Thus, the condition is called an autoimmune disease. She's worried...I'm worried. But mom is a trooper. We may not get along all the time, but she's still my mom. If mom was gonna die soon, she would've died a long time ago. She's had cancer, been ran over by an ex boyfriend and a drunk driver, and has nearly bled to death a couple times. She is a fighter. Maybe that's where my drive comes from.? I dunno...but please keep her in your thoughts.
Adam's new apartment is really nice. It's kinda like a town home. His roomies are nice, but I am still a little sketchy. I don't wanna see him struggle you know.? And I'm trying to do what I can to help him. I bought him laundry detergent and washed his work shirts for him. It'll save him some money. I just don't want him to be afraid to ask anyone for help if he needs it. That was the case last time..and nobody who could help him knew about it. I wasn't getting paid at the time so there wasn't much I could do besides take him where he needed to go. I got up every day at 3 a.m. and took him to work. It was tough, but I love Adam. And we're a team. And I know he would do it for me. We share our money..whenever I'm in a bind..he gives me enough to get out and a little extra. Whenever he needs help and I can help..I help him. It's like he says..it's 'our' money. It's just nice to have that comfort level to where you can ask for help..or you can say or do anything and not have to worry. But I'm getting off topic. I will definitely feel better staying with him while my parents are gone than staying alone. I'll admit...it'll be a tad bit awkward walking around in my p.j.'s before bed at night around people I don't know very well. It'll feel even weirder waking up without him there (he works at 4 a.m.) and being there with his roomies. I dunno..I like to be familiar with my surroundings and people. But at least I won't be alone in my big house at night. We have 4 stories if you include the basement and the attic. So my house makes lots of noises at night. You can imagine why I'm scared lol. I'll only be there a couple days out of the week anyways..We'll be in Atlanta tuesday and wednesday..and possible thursday morning. I dunno.

3 comments:

  1. Could he maybe come stay with you in your house? That way it would be familiar and you guys would have it all to yourselves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so. I have nosy neighbors. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I was going to ask. Maybe you could ask your parents if he could?
    Sounds like Play World was fun. There is a lot to do. I Love that Samantha and Jessie can just go up there and get lost for hours.
    I will keep your Mom in my prayers. Please let me know when she finds out something.
    I Love that Jessie's paycheck is "our" money, not just because I don't make money, but that he trusts me with what he works so hard to earn. He trusts me to control the check book, pay the bills, and spend money on what I want and need, as well as anything him and Samantha want or need. It would be weird to have to ask to use HIS money.

    ReplyDelete