Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Dream Home..


I've been talking a lot about building and creating my dream home. But..I haven't really gone into detail about what I want exactly so why not now.? I found my dream sofa..at none other than my favorite shopping place. Walmart. I want our furniture to be chocolate brown. I want to have complimentary colors splashed all around. Like red throw blankets and stuff. I want a lot of picture frames on the wall. I have a dvd tower to put next to the entertainment center..but I need another one since I filled it up and have a lot of movies left over. And Adam has movies to. The color scheme of the living room will be dark brown..with splashes of red and maybe dark purple. And I want dark wood furniture. For my kitchen..I'd like the colors to be black and red. I want square plates. And stainless steel appliances. For Cayle's room..I haven't thought too much about..but if he is ok with it..I'd like to make him room very similar to the toy story room. Or maybe just do a color scheme of red blue and yellow. I found this neat storage bin that has compartments in it and they're all different colors. It's fifty dollars at Walmart. For the bathroom, I'd like to do purple, grey, and black color scheme. And also have stainless steel containers and what not. I'd like to get one of those storage things that go over the toilet that holds towels and toiletries. I'm almost tempted to throw in zebra print..but I have to keep in mind a GUY is living here too. Haha. But he did say I could decorate however I wanted. I want our room to really be a master bedroom..elegant and classy. I really like the damask pattern (I'm using it in our wedding as well) and I would love to have our bed comforter have the damask pattern. Also, I think it would be a neat idea to have my bouquet from my wedding pressed and framed for our room. And enlarge one of our favorite wedding photos to hang above our bed. I'd also like the wood to be a dark rose-y brown color. I dunno what you would call that. I also want a lot of candles around the house. I want my house to smell soo noticiably good people who come over love it. As soon as I get back from Atlanta..I'm doing some serious home and christmas and birthday shopping. Whatcha think.?

2 comments:

  1. I think that all sounds really pretty! I'm going to have to hire you to decorate my house lol. I am horrbible at decorating..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Ha Ha. That is exactly what my couch looks like, and pillows. I LOVE it! The only thing is, it gets dirty easily because Samantha. Everything shows because it is microsuede. I Love your idea of having things up around the house to make it personal, like your bouquet. I know I am working on getting that large print of our tree. And we have Samantha's art work and family pictures up, but I want more personal stuff. I just can't figure out what...Anyway, sounds great! I Love all your ideas! Sounds very...elegant, like you said. lol.

    ReplyDelete