Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What an EXHAUSTING night.

Today started out okay. I was really tired. I've been having really funky dreams at night so I haven't been sleeping well. I got up and made breakfast for Cayle and myself. I woofed mine down so I could clean while he ate. Afterwards I took him swimming and he wasn't really feeling it today so after about 30 minutes we got out. He didn't want in his float or anything. I think he's cutting the last of his teeth. :/ He's been quite cranky these past few days. So my nerves are a little shot.

School tonight was somewhat busy. I had one lady come in. She was a nightmare. She wanted her grey hair covered (basically you dye over it and touch up the roots of the hair). With all the other root touch ups I've done they've never been this bad. This lady wears her hair slicked back into a pony tail every day. So most of her grey was right around her hair line. And I swear I coated the dye on there at least twice to make sure it was covered..We let the dye sit for 30 minutes..Then (here's where the nightmare begins) we went to rinse the dye out. This lady is..uhm...well fed..lets say..and her neck would not fit into the neck grooves of the shampoo bowl. She didn't even have much of a neck..and while I was scrubbing her hair..she would try to scrub it too and it made water go EVERYWHERE. All down the back of her shirt all over the floor..all over me. And she wouldn't sit still and that kept making water go everywhere. She kept lifting up. So I basically flooded the school lol. Then when we went back to my chair she was kinda..rude. She asked me 'did you even want your baby.?' 'why do you wanna get married so young.?' I just tried to answer as politely as I could. But she really rubbed me the wrong way. I guess that's just part of this industry..you're gonna have some people who don't sit well with you, but you have to keep a professional front. Because your overall service is going to determine how your clientele is going to be. Word gets around and I want people to be happy with my work whether I like them or not. My job is more important than that. She did tip me 5.00 which was nice. What's not so nice she said 'you'll be seeing me again'...I don't know if that means she wants me to do her hair again or that I would see her in the school again. I'm PRAYING she doesn't request me. As selfish as that sounds. But my instructor said every one soaks the floor and her when she comes in so I wasn't in trouble or anything. Later I helped my friend Katherine work on one of the usual clients that come in. The lady is handicapped and it takes more than one to wash and style her hair. She tipped us both 5 dollars which was great.! I've made some pretty good tips this week. It's really helping with my trip to six flags. We're almost there.!

No comments:

Post a Comment