Thursday, June 9, 2011

A tribute to Dino..



As silly as it may sound..I wanted to take a second and talk about my puppy Dino..He's been gone since October 2010. One night after coming home from party shopping (it was around the time of Cayle's first birthday party) I was home alone and the dogs needed to go outside..Scooter (my mutt) came back...but Dino didn't. They weren't outside more than ten minutes. I called and called..and he never came back..Daddy even went to look for him up and down the neighbourhood. No luck. Days turned into weeks...and eventually turned into months..Still no sign of him. We called the pounds..called animal shelters..called Luther from the radio stations..offered a reward..and nothing.
He was a stray when we found him. He was hiding under a car at Daddy's office. Daddy saw him took him in got him some water and food. Poor thing was skinny..and flea bitten. He brought him home and we kept him. He was my bed buddy at night. He loved me.!! And to be honest..I've never been so attached to a dog. Don't get me wrong..I love my animals, but Dino was special. I named him. And he was attached to me so that made it more special. I got him a sweater to wear when it's cold. I got him a Christmas collar..and a witch's hat for Halloween. I even had him an ornament and stocking made for Christmas. It broke my heart when he went missing. I still get sad about it. Cayle loved him too. He learned to 'pet' with Dino. Scooter's hair is too long..and he likes to pull hair. Dino had short hair and didn't mind. It was always so funny when Dino and I would go to bed at night. He was such a cover/bed hog. He snored. And whenever he finished eating..he burped. I'm not joking. And eventually he would fart....and run. When he got up and left you would smell it..and he would peek his head around the corner and sniff to see if it was safe to come back in.
When I came home from school tonight I was talking to my mom..and she said "You know what Eddie (my neighbour) told Sheila (his lady friend/wife..they've been together for 3 years)? He said 'I believe Glenn killed that dog..He always talked about how he would get in his yard.'" Dino NEVER did. I watched him. And at night his fence to his yard is LOCKED. And days after Dino went missing..Scooter would cower whenever he saw Glen. Well guess what Glen..Karma is a BI*CH.! Glen died a few months ago and was dead for days and nobody knew. And I'm glad he's gone. This isn't the first of my dogs he's killed. I hate him. He looks like an animal killer if you ask me. I know where he's burried..and I'll dance on his grave. I swear I will. I may be blowing it out of proportion a bit..but when you kill a member of MY family (or several for that matter) that's when I'll wait for Karma to get you. Because I KNOW karma can do a far better job of getting you than I can. Part of me really hopes some nice family saw him and picked him up by mistake..but in my right mind..I know it's not true. I'd love to have another Boston terrier one day. Raise it from a puppy. I still put dino's ornament on the Christmas tree.

Rest In Peace Mr. Dino Spumoni. You were a great pup. Thank you for coming into my life when I needed a faithful friend <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment